On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 5:04 AM, Rasmus wrote: > Matt Price writes: > > > On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Bastien Guerry wrote: > > > >> Hi Kaushal, > >> > >> Kaushal Modi writes: > >> > >> > I am suggesting to have a minor mode that simply binds "<" to do the > >> > template insertion (only when that is typed at BOL with optional > >> > leading whitespace, or if a region is selected). > >> > >> I think this is a great suggestion and brings the best of both the new > >> and the old system. > >> > >> I cannot test this myself until this week-end, but I'd happy too then. > >> > > > > I guess I missed this ocnversation while I was busy wiht other stuff -- > > the old easy templating has been removed? I am certainly very sorry to > see > > it go, esp. as I have found yasnippet to work only intermittently in > > org-mode buffers (at least for me). I see Kaushal has added it back in > > his config files, but if someone has a slightly less specialized solution > > for restoring it I would love to see it. > > > > I see Nicolas's point that this functionality exists elsewhere, but maybe > > someone can point to a ready-made replacement for those of us who rely on > > > (require ’org-tempo) > > At the moment you can only use one character after the "<" > cf. ‘org-structure-template-alist’. Perhaps this will change in the > future. > > ah ok, thank you both for the clarification, this helps a lot. m