In an up to date master branch, I'm noticing a bug in ODT export: if org-export-with-section-numbers is set to nil, ox-odt exports headlines as plain-text paragraphs. With emacs -q, evaluate: (setq org-export-with-section-numbers nil org-export-with-toc nil org-export-preserve-breaks nil org-export-email-info nil ) then try to export to odt using the builtin org(emacs 25.1, so org 8.2.10, in my case). Headlines should export fine. Now try with a recent git org; headlines should fail to export. At least, that's my experience. I tried to bisect by checking out old commits and running make-all, then org-reload; but the problem persisted even for pretty old commits, so I think I'm not doing it right. Would very much welcome any help! thanks, Matt