On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 5:15 PM, Mehul Sanghvi wrote: > Christian, > > Thanks for the stopgap measure. As for fonts, like styles, it > would be easier, simpler and more elegant > to be able to do that without having to edit styles.odt every time. > This is not specific to org-odt. It should be, > at least I think so for now, to do this with any exporting backend. > > If you send me a styles.odt, and I do not like the fonts you are > using, it becomes cumbersome to be editing the styles.odt > for each font and making sure to change it in all possible places > until I settle on a proper font I want to use. > > If I could instead specify the font in org file itself, it would be a > matter of changing the header and re-generating the file. > > The ODT_STYLE is certainly a good enhancement. > > I think the problem here, Mehul, is that odt export works with styles, not fonts. So to do what you want, the exporter would need to be able to tweak the styles manually(so, I guess, first run some kind of xml transform on the stylesheet, then apply the stylesheet itself). If there are hidden inconsistencies in the original stylesheet, you may end up with difficult-to-diagnose breakage. I'd definitely suggest just modifying hte stylesheet and saving it somewhere safe. m