thank you Juan Mnauel. I'm testing it out, but I do wonder if I would really rather work with lists and some CSS! On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 8:56 AM Juan Manuel MacĂ­as wrote: > Hi Matt, sorry for the slow reply... > > Matt Price writes: > > > I'd love to try that, thanks. I think it would be really helpful. > > Much appreciated! > > Some previous caveats: > > - *The code is very raw*. I wrote it almost as a "proof of concept" for > my personal use, therefore it is quite improvable. In any case, it > works (but i don't know if it will help you get what you want...). > > - The attached example is optimized to export to LaTeX. Use the tabularx > environment, which is ideal for tables with a lot of textual content. > > - As for the code, there are two basic functions: > `my-org/edit-table-cell' and > `my-org/kill-edit-table-cell-buffer-and-save'. To edit an empty cell, > you have to write something in that cell first. > > - The basic idea is that within each cell, the content is a single line > (unfilled). In the edit buffer, the content is filled. There are two > macros to indicate a line break and a paragraph end: {{{nl}}} and > {{{par}}}. In the edit buffer you can put line breaks and white lines, > but all of that is lost inside the cell once saved (all is a single > line), so those macros are needed to indicate line or paragraph breaks > (in LaTeX). > > Best regards, > > Juan Manuel > >