Hi Bastien, I have enough interest in using org-mode to produce latex texts to get involved. I can't do it right now cause I'm in a critical time to produce results for my thesis, but I've been delaying learning e-lisp and taking a good look on org-mode for some time. Nick Dokos above said that org-mode uses a huge regexp to parse the latex. When this pressing phase pass I'll certainly take a look on that. I played a bit (only a bit) with funcional parsers in Haskell (monadic parsers and parsers based on arrows) and, in my experience, they are much, much more easy to write and more powerful than regexp's (they can parse html! :D). Well, lisp is functional... Maybe I'll take a look at this in the near future. --- Rafael Calsaverini Dep. de Física Geral, Sala 336 Instituto de Física - Universidade de São Paulo rafael.calsaverini@gmail.com http://stoa.usp.br/calsaverini/weblog CEL: (11) 7525-6222 USP: (11) 3091-6803 On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 05:40, Bastien wrote: > Hi Rafael, > > Nick Dokos writes: > > > Although patches have been applied to deal with a host of > > such problems, it is a long-standing problem that is unlikely to be > > completely solved - ever[fn:1]. > > Yes, we need to rework the way the exporters handle espace chars, > especially the LaTeX one --- it's not only ugly and buggy. > > Don't hold your breath though, I won't be on this before 7.7. > > Thanks for your understanding, > > -- > Bastien >