Hi Suvayu (Subayu?), Thanks for your answer- I wanted to know that if there is a way to go about it in orgmode. Ultimately took your advice and used the in the column. best. In all bongness. Debaditya On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:13 PM, suvayu ali wrote: > Hi Debaditya, > > On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 01:47, Debaditya Mukhopadhyay > wrote: > > 2. I would like to sort the table based on date, but instead of sorting > each > > line is it possible to sort by block (defined by the horizontal lines.)? > > What you are asking about is a table.el table. You can use those with > org, but the support is spotty at best. You will loose the ability use > table formulae, sorting or even nice export to multiple backends. In > short, the answer is "no you can't". > > That said, I believe you can put the multiple lines in one long line > and specify how wide the column can be so it appears to be small and > neatly folded in buffer. While editing you can call org-edit-special > and edit the long line conveniently. You also retain all the other > awesome org table features. > > Hope this helps. > > -- > Suvayu > > Open source is the future. It sets us free. >