Yeah...getting dbus to work on Windows will be hard. Maybe we should consider using some other ways to display a notification on Windows. E.g. On Windows/Cygwin environment, org-notify should use a command line tool to show a notification in the Windows notification area. But I wonder how to deploy this command line tool with Emacs system...any suggestions/ideas? Thanks, David On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 4:45 PM Fabrice Popineau < fabrice.popineau@supelec.fr> wrote: > 2016-06-21 8:31 GMT+02:00 Xi Shen : > >> Hi, >> >> I got below error after I called (org-notify-start). It seems the >> dbus-error happens very close to the task notification. I wonder if >> org-notify uses dbus. >> >> Error: (dbus-error "No connection to bus" :session) >> Warning: notification for "Go to dental in 30 mins." behind schedule! >> Error: (dbus-error "No connection to bus" :session) [2 times] >> Warning: notification for "Go to dental in 30 mins." behind schedule! >> Error: (dbus-error "No connection to bus" :session) [2 times] >> >> I am using Emacs on Windows, and there's no dbus on Windows... >> >> > It seems so, yes: org-notify calls notifications-notify from the emacs > notifications.el library. > Clearly, notifications.el relies on dbus. > > However, if you are using Mingw64, there is a dbus package which should > provide > what is needed. Unfortunately, I tried it and can't tell yet how to > configure it or if it > even works. > > > Fabrice > > -- Thanks, David S.