Seems like a good solution. Although how about HEADLINE_LEVEL, OUTLINE_LEVEL or some abbreviation to make it more unlikely to clash with user defined properties? BrettW On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 12:16 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Bastien writes: > > > Nicolas Goaziou writes: > > > >> I think "ITEM" is expected return the headline without all the meta > >> data. If no one objects, I'll change it so in master. > > > > Yes, thanks for this, > > Here is the current state: > > ITEM property includes stars, TODO keyword, priority, headline and tags, > but only if they do not have already a dedicated column. So, in the > following example > > #+COLUMNS: %25ITEM %TODO %PRIORITY %TAGS > > ITEM will contain only stars and headline. This cannot properly work in, > e.g., a clock table, which doesn't know about columns. > > We can get rid of this "smart" behaviour and remove TODO keyword, > priority and tags in all cases. > > However the situation is not so simple for the stars, since there is no > LEVEL special property. IOW, if we remove the stars, it is actually not > possible anymore to know the level of the headline. > > If we want to remove them, I suggest adding a new LEVEL special > property. Note that in this case, user defined properties cannot be > labelled "level" anymore. Another option, as the OP suggested, is to > create a new special property, e.g., HEADLINE, which will contain only > the title. > > WDYT? > > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >