Hello So what I wanted to discuss was the possibility for a MobileOrg to create new files from its phone and keep them synched. Currently the list of synched files is a file called "index.org" stored in the synch folder and Emacs and MobileOrg use ite for pulling changes. However everytime Emacs pushes a changes, it overwrites this file. Because for pushing, Emacs use a second list of files, the variable 'org-agenda-files and it will recreate a new index.org based on org-agenda-files content. To conclude, if MobileOrg had added a file to synch in index.org, it will be removed from the list after next Emacs push. So my suggestion is for Emacs to stop using org-agenda-files to generate the list of synched file but use the currently existing index.org. In case index.org does not exist (for eg. at repo initialization), then org-agenda-files can be used to create it. To be honest, after a lot of reflexion, I think more and more about using a external synch mechanism (such as git) instead of using org-mobile.el. A positive point would be to allow non-Emacs people to use MobileOrg with synchronization. So I may not even use my own suggestion but I still think it is worth to mention this "incoherence". Regards On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 3:24 PM Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > BenoƮt Coste writes: > > > I am working on remodeling MobileOrg for Android and I'd like to discuss > a > > few changes for mobile-org.el. > > I read your mail from a month ago. Unfortunately, I don't know enough of > this library to be useful to the discussion. > > > I am trying to contact the maintainer of mobile org. The file > mobile-org.el > > says carsten@orgmode.org but I tried it and it is not working. Does > anyone > > know who is currently maintaining mobile-org.el ? > > It is part of Org core, so anyone with write access to repository can > maintain it. The current maintainer is Bastien Guerry, who reads this > list. IOW, you can discuss the changes here. > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >