From: Jens Lange <jens.lange.de@gmail.com>
To: Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Bug: org-emphasis-alist not fully applied [9.1.1 (9.1.1-1-g80cbf9-elpa @ x:/folder/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170918/)]
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 13:42:03 +0200	[thread overview]

Nicolas,

I understand the dilemma. But then I must ask for a format enhancment.
Before crying out loud please read my argumentation. Why did I create my
own "fancy" markers? Because there is no default way to recreate the
"Textmarker-Experience" - or at least I couldn't find any. All default
emphasis markers recreate what I would call the "Ballpoint-Experience".
This puzzles me because marking text on a piece of paper is one of the most
basic things. Do I have a point here or not?

I just opened my pen-drawer and took out the text-markers. I found (the
typical) neon-yellow, neon-green, neon-pink and neon-blue. How about adding
four markers using something like "org-emphasis-colours-alist" and let the
users be able to define the colours?

Just one final remark: Tobias, the guy on stackexchange who helped me out
here gave me a working solution, so I can live with that but currently I
still think the "Textmarker-Experience" is missing in org-mode and should
be inside it without any user defined functions.

With kind regards,
Jens Lange

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen / With kind regards:
Jens Lange