Hi Vikas, for what it's worth, I usually run two windows (in the same frame), side-by-side, with emacs maximised. On the left I have my org file and on the right I have an R session, which I start immediately after I open my org file. When I use C-c ' on an R source block, the org buffer (on the left) is replaced by by the source code edit buffer - leaving the R-session on the right untouched. That way I can either evaluate a whole code block (from org using C-c C-c) or go through the source code line-by-line (using ESS). Seems like that's what you want to do, too. Anyway, just my two cents worth, in case it helps. Cheers, AK On 3 July 2017 at 09:47, Vikas Rawal wrote: > > > > Vikas Rawal writes: > > > >> Isn’t is what most users need while editing the code block? The > >> possibility of evaluating the code to test and see what happens? > > > > > > Many languages do not support sessions. So, the only possibility to > > evaluate the code is to evaluate the code block in the source buffer. > > > > Yes, what I am talking about is relevant only when a session is defined. > What I would like is that if in a file the session is defined, C-c’ creates > a window configuration that shows the edit buffer and the session. In > other cases, the two windows could show the edit buffer and the original > org buffer. > > > Vikas >