* Looking for a way to "scrape" a webpage to a org-mode note (text+images)
@ 2013-04-16  0:38 Itai kloog
From: Itai kloog @ 2013-04-16  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hya all

im looking for a way/wondering if anyone has a homebrew script he uses, to
"scrape" a webpage into org. That is mark the text+images you want (or just
do it for the whole page), and then paste that into org-mode as a note,
with the images as inline images (stored locally somewhere as attachments
are perhaps?)

any one know of a way to do that?

best

Z.

* Re: Looking for a way to "scrape" a webpage to a org-mode note (text+images)
@ 2013-04-16  1:09 ` Ted Wiles
From: Ted Wiles @ 2013-04-16  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Itai kloog; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Itai kloog <ikloog@gmail.com> writes:

> Hya all
>
> im looking for a way/wondering if anyone has a homebrew script he
> uses, to "scrape" a webpage into org. That is mark the text+images you
> want (or just do it for the whole page), and then paste that into
> org-mode as a note, with the images as inline images (stored locally
> somewhere as attachments are perhaps?)
>
> any one know of a way to do that?
>
> best
>
> Z.

I have used pandoc for tasks like this in the past:

http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/README.html

this accepts an HTML argument and can output org files.

-TW

* Re: Looking for a way to "scrape" a webpage to a org-mode note (text+images)
@ 2013-04-16 17:50 ` Ivan Kanis
From: Ivan Kanis @ 2013-04-16 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Itai kloog; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

April, 15 at 20:38 Itai kloog wrote:

> im looking for a way/wondering if anyone has a homebrew script he
> uses, to "scrape" a webpage into org.

This is a long, long shot. I wrote some basic emacs-w3m scraping to
login to Facebook. You will need to know elisp to make anything out of
it.

http://ivan.kanis.fr/auto-login-facebook-with-emacs-w3m.html

It probably won't help you :)
--
Let a fool hold his tongue and he will pass for a sage.
    -- Publilius Syrus