* [GSoC] Org Merge Driver Update
@ 2012-08-13 23:15 Andrew Young
From: Andrew Young @ 2012-08-13 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello Everyone,

I've been working on a merge driver for org-mode documents over the
summer as a Google Summer of Code project. I just wanted to show
everyone some progress on the merge driver.

There are some new examples you can see at the project page [1][2], and
instructions on how to build and use it.

the source is available here: git clone git://orgmode.org/org-merge-driver.git

I'd really appreciate if anyone could take the merge driver out for a
test spin, and come back with any kind of feedback, such as:

- file output
- customization
- the user interface
- the merging rules
- new features and element specific support
- testing
- neat ideas, etc.

There is only about a week left in GSoC, but I'm planning to continue to
develop the merge driver past the end of GSoC.

Please take a look, and thanks,

Andrew Young

[1] project page:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/gsoc2012/student-projects/git-merge-tool/