Hello everyone, Just to remind everyone, my project is the org merge driver. The project webpage is here, and the code repository is here. Here is a quick update on the problems I have encountered, and what is going on: I was on my way to finishing my prototype, but I felt that the prototype was not going to really demonstrate any of the concepts and programming techniques which I was going to use in the final version. The prototype was really just going to be bad merge driver. I spent quite some time trying to implement a fast algorithm for finding the shortest edit script of a file (this is what 'diff' does). It turns out that the exact same algorithm was already implemented in Gnulib, which I am now using instead. I am also trying to incorporate elements of polymorphism, generic programming, and object oriented programming in C. Its very interesting, although it can get very complicated. I am planning to use these concepts to make the merge driver more extendable and reusable. Right now I'm considering the implementation of the final merge driver, and doing a lot of scratch work on paper. The prototype should be finished soon, and then I can move onto the real implementation. In the code repository, you can find a implementation notes in doc/implementation.organd a log of what I'm working on in doc/ notes.org. Sincerely, Andrew Young