Thanks, the update worked, however with some post-update oddities: org-hide-leading stars t hides the stars -- but only if I manually switch from the Emacs default color theme to my favorite one (color-theme-renegade). If I leave (color-theme-renegade) in my init, on boot-up, org-mode does not hide the stars. This never used to happen. Secondly, now I have a bunch of information in my modeline that I had customized out -- the names of headlines and sub-headlines at point. While a nice feature, I prefer my modeline *only* to read what I had before (the git branch I am on). 2013/2/19 Bastien > Hi John, > > 42 147 writes: > > > The @ replacement is also a sensible idea -- can either of you send > > me the source code for this? Or how would I update my org-mode to > > include it? > > If you want to use Org development branch, simply clone and build: > > ~$ git clone git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git > ~$ cd org-mode > ~$ make > > Then make sure you set the correct `load-path'. > > See http://orgmode.org/org.html#Installation for details. > > The change Suvayu sent is now in master. > > > Not exactly well-versed in Emacs, > > You'll soon get hooked, dont worry :) > > -- > Bastien >