Suvayu Ali writes: >> to be consistent with the "C-c @" command. > > Yes that would be good. To save you some work, I attached a patch. > Precisely what I was looking for. I'm always up for macro creation, but I didn't want to do so if a command already existed. Always looking to expand my org-vocabulary. The @ replacement is also a sensible idea -- can either of you send me the source code for this? Or how would I update my org-mode to include it? Not exactly well-versed in Emacs, John 2013/2/19 Bastien > 42 147 writes: > > > Title is self-explanatory. Is there a command that lets me place the > > cursor on a headline and delete its contents (i.e., all of its text)? > > C-c @ C-w > > When using speedy commands (setq org-use-speed-commands t) > > . C-w > > at the beginning of a headline. > > I'm willing to update the "." speedy command and use "@" instead > to be consistent with the "C-c @" command. > > -- > Bastien >