* Undocumented command: org-table-blank-field (C-c SPC)
@ 2014-11-19  0:18 Vicente Vera
From: Vicente Vera @ 2014-11-19  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello. I was browsing Emacs StackExchange and found this question:
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/15/how-to-clear-a-cell-in-an-org-mode-table.
One of the answers mentions the org-table-blank-field command and that
"For some reason it's missing from the manual.". I'm using Org
release_8.3beta-580-g787733 and yes, it is not mentioned in the Tables
section, nor in the indexes.
It might be a good idea to document this.
I would do it myself but haven't got my head around submiting patches,
filling papers (although is not always necessary?), but I might, if
nobody has the time. I don't want this message to be understood as a
demand.

* Re: Undocumented command: org-table-blank-field (C-c SPC)
@ 2014-11-19  9:59 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2014-11-19  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Vicente Vera <vicentemvp@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello. I was browsing Emacs StackExchange and found this question:
> https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/15/how-to-clear-a-cell-in-an-org-mode-table.
> One of the answers mentions the org-table-blank-field command and that
> "For some reason it's missing from the manual.". I'm using Org
> release_8.3beta-580-g787733 and yes, it is not mentioned in the Tables
> section, nor in the indexes.
> It might be a good idea to document this.

I have no opinion about this.

> I would do it myself but haven't got my head around submiting patches,

It's pretty easy and everyone on the list is eager to help.

     http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

> filling papers (although is not always necessary?),

My understanding is that you can submit around 10 lines of change as
TINYPATCHes.

The paperwork is not particularly demanding either (depending on your
country the only "hard" part might be sending a snail-mail).

> but I might, if nobody has the time. I don't want this message to be
> understood as a demand.

OK.

—Rasmus

--
Together we will make the possible totalllly impossible!

* Re: Undocumented command: org-table-blank-field (C-c SPC)
@ 2014-12-01 16:05 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-12-01 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vicente Vera; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Vicente,

Vicente Vera <vicentemvp@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello. I was browsing Emacs StackExchange and found this question:
> https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/15/how-to-clear-a-cell-in-an-org-mode-table.
> One of the answers mentions the org-table-blank-field command and that
> "For some reason it's missing from the manual.".
> I'm using Org
> release_8.3beta-580-g787733 and yes, it is not mentioned in the Tables
> section, nor in the indexes.
> It might be a good idea to document this.

I added it in the manual, thanks for the suggestion.

> I would do it myself but haven't got my head around submiting patches,
> filling papers (although is not always necessary?), but I might, if
> nobody has the time. I don't want this message to be understood as a
> demand.

Yes: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

Thanks in advance!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Undocumented command: org-table-blank-field (C-c SPC)
@ 2014-12-03 20:28   ` Vicente Vera
From: Vicente Vera @ 2014-12-03 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Great, thank you. I'll start looking into how could I send patches
(I'm more of a 'clone/pull' Git user).