Thanks for the response, Bastien. I guess, short of writing some elisp code, I will have to reschedule each evening for next day. I can't schedule in advance, because I miss some days. - Daya On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Bastien wrote: > Hi Daya, > > Daya Atapattu writes: > > > Is there a way to create a habit that picks-up the description from a > > list? > > > > I like to schedule studying a book: It would be scheduled as "Read > > pages 100-125." Then the next day it should read "Read pages > > 126-150." The description of the habit varies; org-mode picks that > > up sequentially from a list. > > > > Is that possible? > > No. Also, a habit with a varying description is not really a habit > anymore. You really have several recurring tasks, each is different. > > -- > Bastien >