* orgmode 7.7 broke latex beamer export
@ 2011-09-02 12:01 Aaron Hammitt
From: Aaron Hammitt @ 2011-09-02 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I just upgraded to version 7.7 from an early version of 7 (7.0 or 7.1 I
believe), and it broke my ability to export a beamer presentation from
orgmode to PDF. After some poking around I found that the default value of
org-latex-to-pdf-process was the problem. Placing the following in my .emacs
fixed the problem:

(setq org-latex-to-pdf-process
      '("pdflatex -interaction=nonstopmode %f" "pdflatex
-interaction=nonstopmode %f"))

This may be a known issue, but I didn't find anything in a quick search of
the mailing list. I thought I would post here for the benefit of anyone else
who may run into the same problem.

* Re: orgmode 7.7 broke latex beamer export
@ 2011-09-02 13:14 ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-09-02 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaron Hammitt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Aaron,

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Aaron Hammitt <aaron.hammitt@gmail.com> wrote:
> After some poking around I found that the default value of
> org-latex-to-pdf-process was the problem. Placing the following in my .emacs
> fixed the problem:
>
> (setq org-latex-to-pdf-process
>       '("pdflatex -interaction=nonstopmode %f" "pdflatex
> -interaction=nonstopmode %f"))

How is that different from the default?

("pdflatex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"

--
Suvayu

* Re: orgmode 7.7 broke latex beamer export
@ 2011-09-06 16:09   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-09-06 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: suvayu ali; +Cc: Aaron Hammitt, emacs-orgmode

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Aaron Hammitt <aaron.hammitt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> After some poking around I found that the default value of
>> org-latex-to-pdf-process was the problem. Placing the following in my .emacs
>> fixed the problem:
>>
>> (setq org-latex-to-pdf-process
>>       '("pdflatex -interaction=nonstopmode %f" "pdflatex
>> -interaction=nonstopmode %f"))
>>

> How is that different from the default?

Hi suvayu,

pdflatex -interaction=nonstopmode
                     ^
                    maybe?

-Bernt

@ 2011-09-06 16:26     ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-09-06 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: Aaron Hammitt, emacs-orgmode

Hi Bernt,

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> wrote:
> Hi suvayu,
>
> pdflatex -interaction=nonstopmode
>                     ^
>                    maybe?

I think the '=' sign is optional (which is often the case for most
*nix utilities). In any case the OP responded later that upgrading
resolved the original issue. Probably the issue was some stale
byte-compiled file. :-/

> -Bernt

Cheers,

--