* Filtering in export hooks
@ 2011-09-06  8:49 suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-09-06  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Orgers,

What is the recommended way to filter/select headlines I want to
preprocess in any of the export hooks? I have tried using tags like
this:

(let ((match "tag1|tag2"))
  (org-map-entries (lambda () (my-preprocess-function))
		   match))

But this only works when tags: is non-nil. Any hints on how I could
achieve something that "works always"?

Thanks for any response.

--
Suvayu

* Re: Filtering in export hooks
@ 2011-09-06  8:58 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2011-09-06  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sep 6, 2011, at 10:49 AM, suvayu ali wrote:

> Hi Orgers,
>
> What is the recommended way to filter/select headlines I want to
> preprocess in any of the export hooks? I have tried using tags like
> this:
>
> (let ((match "tag1|tag2"))
>  (org-map-entries (lambda () (my-preprocess-function))
> 		   match))
>
> But this only works when tags: is non-nil. Any hints on how I could
> achieve something that "works always"?

May be I do not understand, but how about

(let ((match "tag1|tag2"))
 (when match
   (org-map-entries (lambda () (my-preprocess-function))
  		   match)))

- Carsten

* Re: Filtering in export hooks
@ 2011-09-06  9:08   ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-09-06  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Carsten,

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Carsten Dominik
<carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:

>> But this only works when tags: is non-nil. Any hints on how I could
>> achieve something that "works always"?
>
> May be I do not understand, but how about
>
> (let ((match "tag1|tag2"))
>  (when match
>   (org-map-entries (lambda () (my-preprocess-function))
>                   match)))

Sorry after going through my email again I realised it was ambiguous.
When I say it doesn't work, I don't mean Org throws an error when
tags:nil is set. The preprocessing gets skipped.

To restate my intentions more clearly; I want to preprocess headlines
that match the tags list "tag1|tag2" during latex export irrespective
of how the tags: option is setup. If this is not possible by a tags
match, what are my alternatives?

> - Carsten

Thanks a lot. :)

--

@ 2011-09-06  9:49     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2011-09-06  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sep 6, 2011, at 11:08 AM, suvayu ali wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Carsten Dominik
> <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> But this only works when tags: is non-nil. Any hints on how I could
>>> achieve something that "works always"?
>>
>> May be I do not understand, but how about
>>
>> (let ((match "tag1|tag2"))
>>  (when match
>>   (org-map-entries (lambda () (my-preprocess-function))
>>                   match)))
>>

> Sorry after going through my email again I realised it was ambiguous.
> When I say it doesn't work, I don't mean Org throws an error when
> tags:nil is set. The preprocessing gets skipped.

Which of the preprocessing hooks are you using?  I am still confused
by your description, maybe you can make a small example and show exactly what works and what does not work?

- Carsten

> To restate my intentions more clearly; I want to preprocess headlines
> that match the tags list "tag1|tag2" during latex export irrespective
> of how the tags: option is setup. If this is not possible by a tags
> match, what are my alternatives?
>
>> - Carsten
>
> Thanks a lot. :)
>
> --
> Suvayu

- Carsten

* Re: Filtering in export hooks
@ 2011-09-06 10:16       ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-09-06 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Carsten,

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Carsten Dominik
<carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:
> Which of the preprocessing hooks are you using?  I am still confused
> by your description, maybe you can make a small example and show exactly what works and what does not work?

This is what I am using at the moment:

(defun my-org-export-latex-wrap-todo ()
  "Wrap heading with arbitrary latex environment."
  (interactive)
  (let* ((tags (org-get-tags-string))
	 (heading (org-get-heading t))	; heading with todo
	 (content (org-get-entry))
	 (color (cond ((string-match ":QnA:" tags)  "color=blue!40")
		      ((string-match ":Qn:" tags) "color=yellow!40"))))
    (when color
      (org-mark-subtree)
      (delete-region (region-beginning) (region-end))
      (insert (concat
	       (format "\\todo[inline,%s]{\\textbf{%s}%%\n" color heading)
	       (format "%s\n}%%\n" content))))))

(add-hook 'org-export-preprocess-after-blockquote-hook
	  (lambda ()
	    (let ((match "QnA|Qn"))
	      (org-map-entries (lambda () (my-org-export-latex-wrap-todo))
			       match))))

This works great as long as the tags: option is non-nil (t or
not-in-toc). Setting it to nil just ignores it and everything gets
like a regular headline. I am not using org-export-preprocess-hook
because some of the latex gets escaped during the export (e.g. {..}
becomes \{..}).

I hope this is clearer.

--

@ 2011-09-06 11:33         ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-09-06 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 12:16 PM, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not using org-export-preprocess-hook
> because some of the latex gets escaped during the export (e.g. {..}
> becomes \{..}).

Sorry I confused this with an old issue, the problem here is org
markup like /italics/ or *bold* and links don't get translated.

--

@ 2011-09-06 22:39       ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-09-06 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)