* [beamerposter] How do I suppress frame title?
@ 2012-04-12 18:13 Mikhail Titov
From: Mikhail Titov @ 2012-04-12 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello!

I’m trying to use orgmode with beamerposter LaTeX package [1] to make a poster. I’ve managed to remove toc and override \maketitle . However I can’t seem to find a way to suppress a title from the only high level section "* Poster". I've tried to add ":B_ignoreheading:" via "C-c C-b i" with no success :(

Is it possible? It is not a big deal just to remove frametitle from the final version but nevertheless.

[1] http://www-i6.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/~dreuw/latexbeamerposter.php

Mikhail

* Re: [beamerposter] How do I suppress frame title?
@ 2012-04-13  5:04 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-04-13  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikhail Titov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Mikhail,

"Mikhail Titov" <mlt@gmx.us> writes:

> I’m trying to use orgmode with beamerposter LaTeX package [1] to make a
> poster. I’ve managed to remove toc and override \maketitle . However I
> can’t seem to find a way to suppress a title from the only high level
> section "* Poster". I've tried to add ":B_ignoreheading:" via "C-c C-b i"
> with no success :(

Unless I missed something, there is no option to suppress this frame
title, sorry.

--
 Bastien

* Re: [beamerposter] How do I suppress frame title?
@ 2012-04-13  6:19   ` Mikhail Titov
From: Mikhail Titov @ 2012-04-13  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 04/13/2012 12:04 AM, Bastien wrote:
>> I’m trying to use orgmode with beamerposter LaTeX package [1] to make a
>> poster. I’ve managed to remove toc and override \maketitle . However I
>> can’t seem to find a way to suppress a title from the only high level
>> section "* Poster". I've tried to add ":B_ignoreheading:" via "C-c C-b i"
>> with no success :(
> Unless I missed something, there is no option to suppress this frame
> title, sorry.

I just found a quick workaround - to use "* " that is asterisk followed
by a space. It still generates frame but does not insert any title. I
feel like it might be even a bug. But it works since it is the only
frame I have.

I was trying to wrap frametitle (& subtitle) generation in org-beamer.el
into conditional like below but I failed miserably at it.

              (if (not (equal (cdr (assoc "BEAMER_env" props))
"ignoreheading"))
              (progn
              (cons "T" (if (string-match "\\S-" text)
                    "\n\\frametitle{%s}" ""))
              (cons "S" (if (string-match "\\\\\\\\" text)
                    "\n\\framesubtitle{%s}" ""))
                    ))

M.

* Re: [beamerposter] How do I suppress frame title?
@ 2012-04-13  8:51     ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2012-04-13  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikhail Titov; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

Hi Mikhail,

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 08:19, Mikhail Titov <mlt@gmx.us> wrote:
> I just found a quick workaround - to use "* " that is asterisk followed
> by a space. It still generates frame but does not insert any title. I
> feel like it might be even a bug. But it works since it is the only
> frame I have.
>
> I was trying to wrap frametitle (& subtitle) generation in org-beamer.el
> into conditional like below but I failed miserably at it.
>
>              (if (not (equal (cdr (assoc "BEAMER_env" props))
> "ignoreheading"))
>              (progn
>              (cons "T" (if (string-match "\\S-" text)
>                    "\n\\frametitle{%s}" ""))
>              (cons "S" (if (string-match "\\\\\\\\" text)
>                    "\n\\framesubtitle{%s}" ""))
>                    ))

Your solution works, and I have used it before to get a backup slide
marker saying just "bakup slides" in the centre before. But I think
there can be a cleaner solution with pre/post-process hooks. For an
example of such a hook with LaTeX export, see:

<https://github.com/suvayu/.emacs.d/blob/master/org-mode-config.el#L234>

Here I ignore headings for bibiliographies and appendices.

Hope this helps.

--
Suvayu

* Re: [beamerposter] How do I suppress frame title?
@ 2012-04-13 18:31       ` Mikhail Titov
From: Mikhail Titov @ 2012-04-13 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'suvayu ali'; +Cc: 'Bastien', emacs-orgmode

Do you mean former or latter one? When I try to change org-beamer.el as described above, I get "Invalid format operation %a" since I do something badly wrong. I was trying to mess with this [1] code. I don't know elisp well enough. I guess I can't do it that way.

[1] http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=blob;f=lisp/org-beamer.el;h=966db82debdf21bad0777372c06bc7cb84735cfb;hb=HEAD#l274

> But I think
> there can be a cleaner solution with pre/post-process hooks. For an
> example of such a hook with LaTeX export, see:
>
> <https://github.com/suvayu/.emacs.d/blob/master/org-mode-config.el#L234>
>
> Here I ignore headings for bibiliographies and appendices.

I am afraid I don't quite follow your code. I think you deal with plain latex export while mine question deals with some beamer details.

M.

* Re: [beamerposter] How do I suppress frame title?
@ 2012-04-14  9:58         ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2012-04-14  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Mikhail,

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 20:31, Mikhail Titov <mlt@gmx.us> wrote:
>> Your solution works, and I have used it before to get a backup slide
>> marker saying just "bakup slides" in the centre before.
>
> Do you mean former or latter one? When I try to change org-beamer.el as described above, I get "Invalid format operation %a" since I do something badly wrong. I was trying to mess with this [1] code. I don't know elisp well enough. I guess I can't do it that way.
>
> [1] http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=blob;f=lisp/org-beamer.el;h=966db82debdf21bad0777372c06bc7cb84735cfb;hb=HEAD#l274

Sorry I didn't mean the elisp snippet. I meant I have used "* " to get empty
titles in the past.

>> But I think
>> there can be a cleaner solution with pre/post-process hooks. For an
>> example of such a hook with LaTeX export, see:
>>
>> <https://github.com/suvayu/.emacs.d/blob/master/org-mode-config.el#L234>
>>
>> Here I ignore headings for bibiliographies and appendices.
>
> I am afraid I don't quite follow your code. I think you deal with plain latex export while mine question deals with some beamer details.

It is just an example. I was hoping you could adapt it for beamer
export. At the moment I am extremely busy with some bureaucratic things
otherwise I would have tried to come up with a solution myself.

--
Suvayu