* [BUG?] Fontification broken
@ 2012-04-27 13:59 suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2012-04-27 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think the following commit in Emacs 24 broke fontification in several
places (inside and outside Org). Inside Org I noticed it in certain
headlines and parts of file headers.

<http://repo.or.cz/w/emacs.git/commit/2faa2c5d69f36c29cdd3b654f4cc9c4b89c81e5a>

I'm not entirely sure, as I have not looked at this in detail. Could
someone take a look and confirm one way or the other?

Suvayu

* Re: [BUG?] Fontification broken
@ 2012-04-27 14:22 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-04-27 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Suvayu,

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> I think the following commit in Emacs 24 broke fontification in several
> places (inside and outside Org). Inside Org I noticed it in certain
> headlines and parts of file headers.

can you post a screenshot displaying the problem?

> <http://repo.or.cz/w/emacs.git/commit/2faa2c5d69f36c29cdd3b654f4cc9c4b89c81e5a>
>
> I'm not entirely sure, as I have not looked at this in detail. Could
> someone take a look and confirm one way or the other?

My Emacs is a bit older than this version and I don't have time
to compile right now.  Dare posting an Emacs bug report, if that's
a bug in Emacs!

 Bastien

* Re: [BUG?] Fontification broken
@ 2012-04-27 15:04   ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2012-04-27 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Bastien

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 16:22, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hi Suvayu,
>
> suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I think the following commit in Emacs 24 broke fontification in several
>> places (inside and outside Org). Inside Org I noticed it in certain
>> headlines and parts of file headers.
>
> can you post a screenshot displaying the problem?

I might have spoken too soon. I can't replicate it any more. I think
what I was seeing earlier was a result of mixed versions of Emacs 24,
the version running was without that commit and the version on disk had
that change.

Sorry for the noise.

--

@ 2012-04-27 15:42     ` Zack Mayson
From: Zack Mayson @ 2012-04-27 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: suvayu ali; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

--
*Signature? /What signature?/*

From: Zack Mayson @ 2012-04-27 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: suvayu ali; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 27/04/2012 16:04, suvayu ali wrote:
> Hi Bastien
>
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 16:22, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
>> Hi Suvayu,
>>
>> suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I think the following commit in Emacs 24 broke fontification in several
>>> places (inside and outside Org). Inside Org I noticed it in certain
>>> headlines and parts of file headers.
>> can you post a screenshot displaying the problem?
>>
> I might have spoken too soon. I can't replicate it any more. I think
> what I was seeing earlier was a result of mixed versions of Emacs 24,
> the version running was without that commit and the version on disk had
> that change.
>
> Sorry for the noise.

What version of Emacs 2.4?

* Re: [BUG?] Fontification broken
@ 2012-04-27 15:54       ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2012-04-27 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zack Mayson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 17:42, Zack Mayson <zmayson46@googlemail.com> wrote:
> What version of Emacs 2.4?

Well I update my emacs once a week. I ran a git bisect and narrowed
down all my fontification issues to the commit I mentioned earlier.
However my observation that org is also affected was probably
incorrect, as I noted in my previous email.

Hope that clears any confusion.

--
Suvayu