* Footnotes and Tufte-Latex
@ 2011-08-25 14:55 Aditya Mandayam
From: Aditya Mandayam @ 2011-08-25 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I would like to export footnotes in the way Tufte-Latex
[[http://code.google.com/p/tufte-latex/]] does.

Please see the attachment for examples.

Now in Latex export I use the tufte-latex handout class for sidenotes
and citations using biblatex, without using footnotes, and this works
fine.

Now I would like to do the same for HTML export.

For an example made without using org, see:

http://cixa.org/texts/timeline.html

This would mean conditional export to HTML and Latex. How can this be done?

-A

[-- Attachment #2: sample-handout-3.5.0.pdf --]

* Re: Footnotes and Tufte-Latex
@ 2011-08-27 13:38 ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-08-27 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aditya Mandayam; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Aditya,

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Aditya Mandayam <adityams@gmail.com> wrote:
> This would mean conditional export to HTML and Latex. How can this be done?

What do you mean by conditional export? Are you talking about
\cite{..} macros being translated to footnotes for html export, or
something else like custom CSS styles?

As always an ECM (Minimal Complete Example) helps everyone follow what
you are trying and what you expect much better.

--
Suvayu