* nested and partially emphasizing
@ 2011-08-26  9:17 joe
From: joe @ 2011-08-26  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,

often discussed here, but seems have not lead to an actual solution
yet:

/italic/ *bold* _underlined_

works fine, but nested emphasizing not, as:

*This is /actually/ bold.*

Also partial emphasizing is not working by default:

Neither for bar*keeper* nor for *bar*keeper.

Not to speak about some further format stuff, like combinations with
text parts set higher or lower.

In my opinion the org-mode should be enhanced to support formatting as
handy as typical Wiki environments do. Also concerning limitations of
regular expressions.

Often I found very monosyllabic hints to the
org-emphasis-... variables. Anyone who knows a place where those
points already are discussed or even explained with some
comprehensible and working samples?

Thanks, Joe.

* Re: nested and partially emphasizing
@ 2011-08-26 10:03 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-08-26 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joe; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Neither for bar*keeper* nor for *bar*keeper.

This will interest you

http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg45991.html

,----[ C-h v org-emphasis-regexp-components RET ]

`----

@ 2011-08-26 14:27   ` joe
From: joe @ 2011-08-26 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Jambunathan K <kjambunathan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> This will interest you
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode <at> gnu.org/msg45991.html

Thank you very much, an actually helpful hint. It does not solve the
problem of nested emphasizing, but it's a pragmatic way to solve some
problems concerning emphasizing...

Concerning nested emphasizing I read some comments by Dominik which
look like if this nesting is not planned to become available - if so,
I would disagree in each case, because in my opinion the org-mode
without Wiki-like formatting features loses against modern Wikis.
What would make me sad, because it actually has too much other
features being unavailable within the Wiki world...

Regards,
Joern.

* Re: nested and partially emphasizing
@ 2011-08-26 15:38     ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-08-26 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joe; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 4:27 PM, joe <gruel@cognitec.com> wrote:
> What would make me sad, because it actually has too much other
> features being unavailable within the Wiki world...

You can always export to wiki formats and edit the wiki source. I
believe there are some hints about exporting to wiki formats on Worg.

--
Suvayu