Hi Bastien, Thanks for the fix, and sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there seems to be a new issue. Now, if you press M-RET in a lower level tree anywhere but in the headline, it will produce a new first level headline. So, given buffer contents as in example (a), if i press M-Ret at the end of `two', I get (b) which is what I would expect, but if i press RET, then M-RET, I get (c) which is certainly not what I would expect. --example-a-- * Level one ** Level two --end-example-a-- --example b-- * Level one ** Level two ** --end-example-b-- ----example-c-- * Level one ** Level two * ----end-example-c- Thanks again. All best, Leonard