Thanks for the help! On 13 September 2015 at 21:10, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Leonard Randall writes: > > > The new smart quotes algorithm does not seem to capture British style > > quoting (single outer quotes, double inner quotes) correctly. It > > treats all single quotes that are not enclosed in double quotes as > > apostrophes. I assume that it was revised to deal with apostrophes > > that occur on the outside of words, and I saw that it was updated > > again just last week to deal with some edge cases. > > Correct. > > > Do you think that there is an easy way to make it recognise single > > outer quotes without sacrificing the recent gains, or would it be > > better just to treat American style quoting as the standard for source > > files, and just add an en-gb entry to org-export-smart-quotes-alist > > that converts double quotes to single quotes and vice versa? > > The latter. You can fix "en" entry in `org-export-smart-quotes-alist' > and add a new "us" entry, if needed. > > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >