* Emphasis in title export
@ 2014-04-28 14:17 William Kunkel
From: William Kunkel @ 2014-04-28 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have a title in which I need to have some text in italics. I tried this:

#+TITLE: Analysis of Sartre's /No Exit/

But the slashes were just exported literally, instead of italicizing. This
seemed like a pretty basic problem, but I've been unable to find anything
about it via Google or in the list archives. Is there a simple solution?

Thanks,
Will

* Re: Emphasis in title export
@ 2014-04-28 22:10 ` Leonard Randall
From: Leonard Randall @ 2014-04-28 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Kunkel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Will,

The example works fine for me. It seems like the most likely cause of your
issue is your export settings. One thing that you might try is to add this
to the top of your file.

If you already have an options section on your file you may want to check
that you do not have *:nil anywhere in this line. If you do change it to
`*:t as in the example above.  You might also want to check that you have
not set `org-export-with-emphasis' to nil anywhere in your init file.

More info on configuring export settings can be found here:
http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-settings.html

Hope this helps!

All best,
Leonard

On 28 April 2014 15:17, William Kunkel <will@wkunkel.com> wrote:

> I have a title in which I need to have some text in italics. I tried this:
>
> #+TITLE: Analysis of Sartre's /No Exit/
>
> But the slashes were just exported literally, instead of italicizing. This
> seemed like a pretty basic problem, but I've been unable to find anything
> about it via Google or in the list archives. Is there a simple solution?
>
> Thanks,
> Will

* Re: Emphasis in title export
@ 2014-04-28 23:00   ` William Kunkel