Hi Bastien, On 25 April 2014 08:29, Bastien wrote: > I just fixed this in maint -- please let me know if it works > back as expected. > Yes, now C-RET and the speedkey `i' now function as described in the documentation. The only place where the function differs from the documentation is at the beginning of a normal line. The documentation says, `If point is at the beginning of a normal line, turn this line into a heading.' Currently, calling M-RET will create a newline before the text on the current line.So, if I call M-RET at the beginning of (a), I get (b), rather than (c) which is what I would expect from the documentation. -----a---- Text I may later turn into a headline. ---------- ----b---- * Text I may later turn into a headline. --------- ----c---- * Text I may later turn into a headline -------- Hope this helps, All best, Leonard