On 29 April 2014 15:20, Bastien wrote: > > I'm having a hard time finding out what you *did* exactly -- can you > describe the way to reproduce the bug from an empty buffer, step by > step? > Sorry, I should have been more explicit about what I was doing. Step by step instructions would look something like this. If I type the following commands, 1. emacs -q -l ~/minimal-init.el 2. C-x C-f ~/test.org RET 3. bla 4. C-a 5. M-RET 6. C-e 7. RET 8. bla bla 9. C-a 10. M-RET I get: ----begin-example--- * bla * bla bla ----end-example--- If I perform the same commands without loading the minimal init file (Minimal-init just adds the most recent version org-mode to the load path, and says to debug on error), I get this ----begin example--- * bla * bla bla ----end-example--- It adds a new line before the first headline, but otherwise it acts as expected. I am not sure if it makes any difference. But I am running the the Homebrew version of emacs 24.3.1 on OS X Mavericks. All best, Leonard