Hi all, One of the things I really like about org-mode is the ability to quickly move material between projects. For instance, I sometimes write material as a conference paper and want to use some sections in my thesis. I also like to keep a file with old chapter drafts for later reference (I could just use git for this, but keeping an old-drafts file around makes some jobs more convenient). One issue that I am running into is that when I move material with org-refile, footnotes defined in the Footnote section do not move with it. Additionally, if I try to export a subtree as an org buffer, it does not take footnote definitions with it. The obvious workaround for both problems is to define footnotes inline. Another option (the one that I am using currently) is to set org-footnote-section to nil, and to set org-footnote-auto-label to 'random. This way footnotes are kept at the bottom of the section, so they move with refile, and they have randomly generated names, so they won't conflict with any footnote definitions in the destination file. This solution works, but I wondered if there was any way to get org-refile and org-export-org to take footnotes definitions with them, wherever they are located. With org-export-org, this seems especially important as backends are supposed to faithfully export footnotes with their definitions. Additionally, is there a way to easily convert numbered footnotes to randomly named footnotes? Thanks, Leonard