From: Seb Frank <sebsfrank@gmail.com>
To: "emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: beamer columns and printout
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 15:43:16 +0100	[thread overview]

I've solved the first problem, using a something similar to what has been
suggested here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10295177/is-there-an-equivalent-of-org-modes-b-ignoreheading-for-non-beamer-documents

The solution is to define
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun sf-ignore-headline (contents backend info)
  "Ignore headlines with tags `ignoreheading" or `columns'."
  (when (and (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'latex 'html 'ascii)
             (string-match "\\`.*\\(ignoreheading\\|columns\\).*\n"
                           (downcase contents)))
    (replace-match "" nil nil contents)))

(add-to-list 'org-export-filter-headline-functions 'sf-ignore-headline)
#+end_src emacs-lisp

This removes headlines with tags "columns" (or "ignoreheading", for that
matter), which is what I wanted. Any ideas for the second problem? I.e.,
how to get rid of the BMCOL in export to latex/html/etc. while keeping the
headlines/content?