Specifically what additional information should I provide? This happens to me even without my .emacs loaded. I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 with m17n-(db/contrib), libm17n-(0/dev) installed. It seems that in org mode is forcing LTR in mixed-directionality texts since, for example, a heading with RTL text will not change the stars to be right-aligned, and the cursor's behavior in org mode is different than in a clean buffer. Perhaps you could show me how to ignore any previous paragraph settings other than with R-T-L MARK? Kind regards, Manuel GJT On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Dov Grobgeld wrote: > I was able to reproduce this behavior only with by forcing the > paragraph direction to LTR or equivilantly by having a first strong > LTR character in the beginning of the paragraph. Please provide more > information about your environment, and someone might be able to help > you. > > Regards, > Dov > > > On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 8:22 PM, Manuel GJT wrote: > > Hello everyone, > > > > I need to work in an org buffer with both left-to-right and right-to-left > > text. Although the character directionality and composition works fine, > when > > writing paragraphs with visual-line-mode on the lines get inverted, i.e., > > the line > > > > ZYX CBA > > > > appears as > > > > ZYX > > CBA > > > > instead of > > > > CBA > > ZYX > > > > The section "22.20 Bidirectional Editing" of the Emacs manual suggests > > forcing the directionality of the paragraph with RIGHT-TO-LEFT MARK, but > > this does not seem to work: even with such a character beginning the > line, > > (current-bidi-paragraph-direction) returns "left-to-right". > > > > The RTL MARK seems to work just fine in tables. > > > > When written in a clean text-mode buffer the same text appears with > proper > > directionality. However switching from org-mode to text-mode does not > > correct directionality in said paragraphs. The issue persists even when > > visiting the file with emacs -Q. > > > > org-version 8.0.3, same issue with v. 7.9.4 > > > > Your help is much appreciated. > > > > -- > > Manuel GJT > -- Manuel GJT