Ishikawa-san > I know a super student. He wrote his thesis using Emacs with org-mode! Sounds interesting, by any chance is it on Github or somewhere publicly available? By the way I live in Tokyo, would be great to attend one of these Emacs+Org mode meetups in Kyoto or Tokyo! Japanese no problem ;) Cheers, - Waldemar On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 2:20 AM, Tory S. Anderson wrote: > Thanks for the answer! > > Takaaki Ishikawa writes: > > > Dear Tory, > > > > Good point. I don’t know “taking off” is the correct word, but as you > mentioned, it’s still growing. I can see several reasons why you think > Japanese content has been increasing in the Web. First, some students use > Emacs in their university because their teacher also uses Emacs. Then, the > students use Emacs to write papers for graduation. I know a super student. > He wrote his thesis using Emacs with org-mode! After graduation, they will > be programmers, engineers, and researchers with high-level technical skills > enough to distribute their knowledge through their blog and twitter. > Second, We have several workshops related to Emacs and org-mode. At least, > two workshops are held a few times a year at Kyoto and Tokyo. The > participants of the workshops write blog entries and release some > emacs-lisp actively. An Emacs advent calendar is a good example. Finally, > we have many Japanese translated materials, manual, tutorial, org-web, and > twitter bot, to know org-mode quickly and easily. And of course, the > primary reason is that org-mode is very useful tool to do anything with > Emacs :-) > > > > Best regards, > > Takaaki Ishikawa > > > > > >> Jan 27, 2015 11:16 PM、Tory S. Anderson のメール: > >> > >> There seems to be (and has been for a while) a growing Japanese > presence online with orgmode materials, documentation, addons, etc. Most > recenlty I found this blog: http://paper.li/highfrontier/1300501273 . I > had also noticed many of the page titles on the orgmode website/wiki had > Japanese content. This has me curious. Does anyone know the story of what's > causing it to take off in Japan, or whether "taking off" is even the right > word? Is it just a few people or a department at a university that are > using it? > >> > >