For a major project like this, I would just put these in a separate file, and include it using #+INCLUDE: Vikas On Tue, 12 Apr 2022 at 06:37, William Denton wrote: > I have another question related to managing a book I'm doing building for > export > to LaTeX: what do people do for managing all of the headers? > > I have about 30 #+latex_header lines in the project I'm working on, and > I'm > still just working on it as a basic article. When I'm ready to do more > formatting I'll use the memoir class and then there will be more > commands. I > imagine some of you have huge headers with custom commands and more. > > It would be great if there was a way to manage these lines as LaTeX, for > example > in a "#+begin_export latex" block, but as far as I can tell, there isn't a > way > (unless once again I overlooked something). > > The idea came up about seven years ago, and Nicolas mentioned the > possibility of > a "#+begin_export latex :header t" implementation. > > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-05/msg00538.html > > It's possible to add a new class to the org-latex-classes variable, and in > the > documentation on it I see there are options ([NO-DEFAULT-PACKAGES], > [NO-PACKAGES], [NO-EXTRA]) that allow one to trim away all the default > headers. > That makes it easy to take away, but not to add in lines I want, short of > managing them in my init file. > > What sorts of practices do people have for managing lots of LaTeX headers? > Juan Manuel MacĂ­as, you mentioned something like this---literate > programming in > Org to export LaTeX source---may I ask how you do it? > > Thanks, > > Bill > > -- > William Denton > https://www.miskatonic.org/ > Librarian, artist and licensed private investigator. > Toronto, Canada