Hi Nicolas and Paul On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 6:33 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > I replaced S-expressions with functions of two arguments. The Org world > is a better place with one less `eval'. Just to confirm: Updating org-player.el to 1.0.1 makes Org links to media files play again. Thank you both for your changes. I made some thoughts about the user experience of this incompatible change: Following such an Org link after updating Org without taking too much care of `org-file-apps' or as a new Org user silently falls back to open the file e. g. directly in an Emacs buffer just as with a default `org-file-apps'. In this situation a user may well not be aware of that `org-file-apps' has fallen short of an application registered there. Or, even if I read the Org News I might not be aware of all the additions to `org-file-apps' I got under the hood. Or the user does not read the Org News or does not understand the consequences to its very end. For all this I suggest a simple migration hint like the error in my attached patch. Did I miss its disadvantage? Michael