* default PRIORITY
@ 2011-07-10 11:12 Michael Brand
From: Michael Brand @ 2011-07-10 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi all

It seems to me that there is an inconsistency with the default
PRIORITY in searches and custom agenda blocks of types like "tags" or
"tags-todo".

Assume org-default-priority B and an agenda file
#+begin_src org
  ,* TODO [#C] low prio
  ,* TODO default prio
  ,* TODO [#A] high prio
#+end_src

When org-agenda-custom-commands contains
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  ("x" "test"
   ((tags-todo
    "PRIORITY<=\"C\"")))
#+end_src
the agenda block looks like this:
TODO [#A] high prio
TODO default prio
TODO [#C] low prio
This is like expected: The item without PRIORITY gets the default B
for sorting from org-get-priority called in org-scan-tags.

When org-agenda-custom-commands contains
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  ("x" "test"
   ((tags-todo
    "PRIORITY=\"B\"")))
#+end_src
the agenda block is empty. I expected that the item without PRIORITY
matches and is shown because I expect it to get the default B also
when matching. But this is not the case for org-cached-entry-get
called in org-scan-tags at "(eval matching)".

Even worse: The item without PRIORITY is shown with "PRIORITY<\"B\"".
During debugging it seemed to me that this is simply because the item
gets the PRIORITY " " when matching.

Now I am not sure whether I would be able to provide a patch and how
this should be solved: Only in org-scan-tags or better in
org-entry-properties and/or friends like org-entry-get,
org-cached-entry-get and maybe more?

Tested with current release_7.5-416-g27360b1 and Emacs 23.3.1

Michael

* Re: default PRIORITY
@ 2011-07-23 12:31 ` Michael Brand
From: Michael Brand @ 2011-07-23 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi all

I would like to bump my previous post, although being aware that
everybody here is volunteer.

Michael

@ 2011-07-24 19:17   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-24 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Brand; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Michael,

Michael Brand <michael.ch.brand@gmail.com> writes:

> I would like to bump my previous post, although being aware that
> everybody here is volunteer.

I read this post when you originally posted it -- but it requires
some thinking...  but this issue is in my TODO list.

 Bastien

* Re: default PRIORITY
@ 2011-07-24 19:52     ` Michael Brand
From: Michael Brand @ 2011-07-24 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org Mode

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 21:17, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
> I read this post when you originally posted it -- but it requires
> some thinking...  but this issue is in my TODO list.

Thank you for taking care of and for letting me know.

Michael