Hi Karl, hi all @maintainers: According to the below I tried to improve the Org manual with the attached patch, please review and apply. On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Karl Voit wrote: > The things I learned about referencing other tables I documented in [1]. > > Maybe you'll find it handy as a reference to referencing tables :-) > > 1. https://raw.github.com/novoid/org-mode-workshop/master/featureshow/org-mode-teaser.org > search for "referencing example with detailed explanation" Yes, with all the explanations of how the formulas work your github novoid/org-mode-workshop contains a very nice spreadsheet documentation, for more than just referencing remote tables. Can you please link the section here with mentioning that it contains explanations of how the formulas work?: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/index.html Your new example in github novoid/org-mode-workshop with @2=remote(Income2012h, @3$$#) - motivated by my example in the current Org manual - that interprets text as a Calc algebraic expression, which is subject to reformatting reminded me of that just copying fields is better done with a Lisp formula "'(identity [...])", see attached patch for the Org manual. Michael