* deft - A Notational Velocity mode for emacs
@ 2011-09-09 18:57 timetrap
From: timetrap @ 2011-09-09 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

And you can specify your own major mode(perfect for org-mode) ... my
head just exploded, and my weekend schedule is now centered around
rewriting my init.el. :-)

http://jblevins.org/projects/deft/

This is different than org-velocity, as it uses multiple text files
rather than an org-file or a bucket file, you can also add or delete
files from within deft-mode.

* Re: deft - A Notational Velocity mode for emacs
@ 2011-09-10  7:41 ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2011-09-10  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> http://jblevins.org/projects/deft/

> This is different than org-velocity, as it uses multiple text files rather
> than an org-file or a bucket file, you can also add or delete files from
> within deft-mode.

This is a *lot* like howm-mode, which adds Wiki-linking on top of the features
mentioned in the Deft page.  I do like Deft's incremental searching.

John

* Re: deft - A Notational Velocity mode for emacs
@ 2011-09-10 13:53 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2011-09-10 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

timetrap <timetrap@gmail.com> writes:

> And you can specify your own major mode(perfect for org-mode) ... my
> head just exploded, and my weekend schedule is now centered around
> rewriting my init.el. :-)
>
> http://jblevins.org/projects/deft/
>
> This is different than org-velocity, as it uses multiple text files
> rather than an org-file or a bucket file, you can also add or delete
> files from within deft-mode.

I don't know howm, but deft seems swell.

However, it might be nice to have deft-directory accept a list of
folders.  I keep my notes in multiple folders based on subject.
Alternatively, I could collect symlinks to important files in one
folder, but this requires more work on my part. The same may be true for
deft-extension.  I might want to keep my ledger file as well as my org
files in deft.

In a similar spirit, when I create a new file I'd want it to placed in a
specific folder.  It it would be nice if deft would ask me where to save
the new file.  Maybe there could even be a variable containing my
favorite folders, which I could quickly select from.

A use case would be the following:

   - Type in the name of the note RET
   - A list of known folders is shown. A sensible default is
     highlighted. Thus, RET RET will simulate current behavior.
   - Alternatively I may select a desired folder from the list (I am
     thinking an ido-list).

Just a though.

I appreciate your work.

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
Sent from my Emacs

* Re: deft - A Notational Velocity mode for emacs
@ 2011-09-10 13:56   ` timetrap
From: timetrap @ 2011-09-10 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode