Oh it's not my work .... the author is Jason Blevins. On Sep 10, 2011 9:51 AM, "Rasmus" wrote: > timetrap writes: > >> And you can specify your own major mode(perfect for org-mode) ... my >> head just exploded, and my weekend schedule is now centered around >> rewriting my init.el. :-) >> >> http://jblevins.org/projects/deft/ >> >> This is different than org-velocity, as it uses multiple text files >> rather than an org-file or a bucket file, you can also add or delete >> files from within deft-mode. > > I don't know howm, but deft seems swell. > > However, it might be nice to have deft-directory accept a list of > folders. I keep my notes in multiple folders based on subject. > Alternatively, I could collect symlinks to important files in one > folder, but this requires more work on my part. The same may be true for > deft-extension. I might want to keep my ledger file as well as my org > files in deft. > > In a similar spirit, when I create a new file I'd want it to placed in a > specific folder. It it would be nice if deft would ask me where to save > the new file. Maybe there could even be a variable containing my > favorite folders, which I could quickly select from. > > A use case would be the following: > > - Type in the name of the note RET > - A list of known folders is shown. A sensible default is > highlighted. Thus, RET RET will simulate current behavior. > - Alternatively I may select a desired folder from the list (I am > thinking an ido-list). > > Just a though. > > I appreciate your work. > > Thanks, > Rasmus > > -- > Sent from my Emacs > >