Hi Marco, I will check. However I am on Windows 7-64 and to the best of my knowledge Dbus is not available for this platform. There were some efforts to make it work but I don't think they are current. In any case, as the error message said, this version of emacs isn't compiled with Dbus, which makes sense for a Windows version. I will try to create my own handler and figure out why dbus notification is being attempted on a version of Emacs compiled without it. Best, Ian On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 6:08 AM Marco Wahl wrote: > Hi Ian, > > Thanks for reporting. > > > In Org-Agenda, I press ';' to start a countdown timer. > > I enter 1 minute to test. > > When timer reaches zero, I see this error in minibuffer > > > > dbus-call-method: peculiar error: "Emacs not compiled with dbus support" > > > > Also, timer display is not removed from mode-line as expected. > > I checked this some and I think the problem lies in function > org-show-notification. That function references and possibly uses > function notifications-notify which depends on a proper setup of the > dbus stuff. I guess this is the gist of the bug. > > You can place your own handler though. For this set variable > > org-show-notification-handler > > to e.g. function > > message > > Can you please try this out? > > About hunting the bug: possibly it would be good to add a check if the > dbus system is up. Can this be done easily? Or add a further > configuration item to indicate that the dbus system shall be used. > > > Best, > -- Marco > > > -- ===== Ian Garmaise Consultant Phorix Solutions Group ian.g@phorixsol.com Toronto cell: 416.432.2251 NYC: 917.512.9535 https://www.linkedin.com/in/igarmaise/ http://www.PhorixSol.com