From: Ian Garmaise <ian.g@phorixsol.com>
To: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Subject: Re: [patch] improved: add TTL as defcustom to ox-icalendar
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 15:04:02 -0500	[thread overview]

Hi Detlef, this is mentioned in the docs but IMHO isn't strongly emphasized
enough:

When installing or upgrading org-mode always run emacs -q to avoid loading
init.  I had a lot of trouble when switching to elpa and this was the only
way to get it to work.  In the end to be sure I deleted the old org-mode
library from the disk  (using list-packages) and made doubly sure that
there were no remnants.  Then restart with emacs -q and install from
list-packages from elpa.

If you don't do this you run a strong risk of getting a mixed install.

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 9
> Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 08:41:41 +0100
> From: Detlef Steuer <steuer@hsu-hh.de>
> To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: [patch] improved: add TTL as defcustom to ox-icalendar
>
> Thank you for the hints.
>
> Attached a diff -u version.
>
> The patch in principle is unrelated to nextcloud. That's just my
> use case. The addiditional TTL setting gives a hint to clients
> when to reload an imported ics file that was exported from org.
>
> Is there any document how to setup an org-mode developer environment?
> Normally I use git, but I even struggled to use org from elpa instead
> of the built-in version, so I avoided touching this house of cards :-)
>
> Probably I should use a git clone instead of elpa, if I want to work
> on org?
>
> Thx for the feedback!
> Detlef
>

> --
=====
Ian Garmaise
Consultant
Phorix Solutions Group
ian.g@phorixsol.com
Toronto cell: 416.432.2251 (also on Whatsapp)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/igarmaise/

http://www.PhorixSol.com