Hi Darlan, This is almost what I am looking for. I would be nice if I could get it to drill down into subdirectories. All my work is located in a directory called research that contains a several directory related to different projects. The problem with this variable is that works only for files in a fixed directory. cheers M On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Darlan Cavalcante Moreira < darcamo@gmail.com> wrote: > > See the variable org-agenda-text-search-extra-files. It seems to be exactly > what you want. > > -- > Darlan Cavalcante > > > At Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:16:49 -0400, > Marvin Doyley wrote: > > > > Hi there, > > > > Does anybody now how to search the content of a linked file ? I have a > > master file that is included in org-agenda file list. This file contains > > links to other research project related org files. Unfortunately, is > seems > > that only way to search the content of the link file is to include it in > > the agenda file list, ideally I prefer not to do this. > > > > To illustrate the problem, lets say I have a file myfile.org, which is > > included in the list of org agenda files. > > > > myfile.org contains the following > > > > * Apples > > * Pears > > * [[file:~/test.org][Farmers]] > > > > Similarly, test.org contains > > > > * Jack > > - Cheapest supplier of Apples > > - Deliver > > * Joe > > - Pear supplies and other vegetables > > * Bill > > - Potential supplier > > > > > > Lets say I want to do a keyword search for vegetables, I would hit C-a > s. > > The problem is that unless I include test.org in the agenda file list, > it > > doesn't work. > > > > > > I appreciate any help or suggestion. > > > > Cheers > > M >