* org-ref-helm-insert-ref-link and latex src blocks
@ 2023-05-30  9:29 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2023-05-30  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

Please look at the following lines
eqref:eq:test:1 has been inserted with org-ref-helm-insert-ref-link
it is correctly exported to latex.

\begin{equation}
\label{eq:test:1}
\int
\end{equation}
eqref:eq:test:1

However the same reference in a latex src block is not correctly supported

#+begin_src latex :results latex replace :exports results :eval t
\begin{equation}
\label{eq:test:2}

\end{equation}
eqref:eq:test:2
#+end_src

There is some logic to it, however when I use org-edit-special
to deal with the reference  reftex-reference does do work, but gives the error

,----
| Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "RefTeX works only in buffers visiting a file")
|   signal(error ("RefTeX works only in buffers visiting a file"))
|   error("RefTeX works only in buffers visiting a file")
|   reftex-access-scan-info(nil)
|   reftex-reference()
|   funcall-interactively(reftex-reference)
|   call-interactively(reftex-reference nil nil)
|   command-execute(reftex-reference)

`----

Any idea what to do?

Thanks and regards

Uwe Brauer

--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.

* Re: org-ref-helm-insert-ref-link and latex src blocks
@ 2023-05-30 11:52 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-05-30 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> #+begin_src latex :results latex replace :exports results :eval t
> \begin{equation}
> \label{eq:test:2}
>
> \end{equation}
> eqref:eq:test:2
> #+end_src
>

> There is some logic to it, however when I use org-edit-special
> to deal with the reference  reftex-reference does do work, but gives the error
>
> ,----
> | Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "RefTeX works only in buffers visiting a file")
> |   signal(error ("RefTeX works only in buffers visiting a file"))
> |   error("RefTeX works only in buffers visiting a file")
> |   reftex-access-scan-info(nil)
> |   reftex-reference()
> |   funcall-interactively(reftex-reference)
> |   call-interactively(reftex-reference nil nil)
> |   command-execute(reftex-reference)
> |
> `----

This is expected because org-src buffers are not linked to any file.
They also do not provide any access to other latex src blocks in the file.

If you want to use RefTeX, you probably need to have pure LaTeX file. If
you want to use Org, org-ref will work better.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: org-ref-helm-insert-ref-link and latex src blocks
@ 2023-05-30 18:54 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2023-05-30 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode