From: Daryl Manning <dwm+orgmode@wakatara.com>
To: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com>
Cc: Org-mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Improving org-contacts performance (and state of development in general)
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 10:52:08 +0800	[thread overview]

Primary examples would be adding a note (CTRL-z) or changing a tag on a
person and then having org-agenda update that. I am assuming it is because
the entire file needs to be parsed rather than say, some index of entries.

(so perhaps I mischaracterized org-contacts as being slow versus its
interaction with other programs.)

(for search I use swiper which is very efficient for searching the file
whenI need it.).

tho quite interested in seeing what perf enhancements you've done on large
org files would be interesting.

Daryl.
PS> As an outside feature though, interoperability of the org-contact
formats with other operating system address books, most notable gnome
contacts/evolution, goog contacts, and OSX address book would be high on my
list in terms of improving org-contacts though. (eg, raw, structued info in
all address books, and say perhaps notes or similar maintained and synced
in ome manner.