I think timezone you're in should be declared globally, surely? And then defined in the timestamp? The use cases for per file or even per-heading tz specifying seems very low imho (and introducing a lot more complexity.). Daryl. On Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 6:20 PM Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Jean Louis writes: > > > * Ihor Radchenko [2023-01-14 16:23]: > >> But why do we need any time zone data? All we need to converting from > >> and to internal Emacs' time representation supplying the correct time > >> zone to it. > > > > When Org file is very personal and location centric, then there is no > > need for it. > > > > When Org file has assigned, shared tasks, and is related to other > > people in various locations over the world, then it becomes important. > > Sorry, I think you misunderstood what I am saying here. > > I was referring to a need for Org code to retrieve some kind of > timezone-specific data other than converting timestamps with time zone to > and back from the internal time representation. > > In another message, I also mentioned an idea of specifying time zone > globally or per file. Other suggestion was per-heading specification. In > addition to time zone being specified directly inside the timestamp. > > -- > Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, > Org mode contributor, > Learn more about Org mode at . > Support Org development at , > or support my work at >