+1 I added a snippet for ` GPG key ID: 47C32433 IRC(freeenode): stardiviner Twitter: @numbchild Key fingerprint = 9BAA 92BC CDDD B9EF 3B36 CB99 B8C4 B8E5 47C3 2433 Blog: http://stardiviner.github.io/ On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Matt Lundin wrote: > Carsten Dominik writes: > > > I have always come down on the side of NOT breaking backward > > compatibility unless we really HAVE TO in order to make progress. The > > reason for this bias is because most Org users are not reading this > > maling list and just want the system to function and to continue to > > function the way they are used to, while it is hopefully improving. It > > will stop them from upgrading if such breakage happens too often. > > > > So I would support reimplement the expansion (including > > org-try-structure-completion for people who use that in custom code), > > if possible of course on the back of one of the built-in expansion > > systems in Emacs, before pushing this change out in a release. I would > > certainly reimplement this in some way for myself, because using these > > abbreviations is already hardcoded in my spine, I think. > > I agree. I support removing redundant code behind the scenes, but I also > think we should preserve backwards compatibility in the user interface. > A fair number of people around here have been using Org Mode for more > than a decade, and, for better or for worse, everything about the user > interface is now hardwired in their brains. > > In short, we have a time-saving expansion system that works well for > lots of people. I support re-implementing it on top of another snippet > engine but also leaving it in place until a suitable replacement is > ready. > > Matt > > >