Maybe just use an auto sync solution like Dropbox, WebDAV etc? And add a hook on `after-save-hook` to auto export org file to HTML, then sync HTML files. Somewhere hosting those HTML files can be viewed. and editing those original org files directly. [stardiviner] GPG key ID: 47C32433 IRC(freeenode): stardiviner Twitter: @numbchild Key fingerprint = 9BAA 92BC CDDD B9EF 3B36 CB99 B8C4 B8E5 47C3 2433 Blog: http://stardiviner.github.io/ On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 5:07 AM, Tim Cross wrote: > > I don't think tramp will work in this way, at least not without some > sort of special client running on the remote http server and > modifications to tramp to work with that client. The HTTP protocol will > not easily fit with tramp - in fact, it is such a big 'disconnect' > between tramp and http, you really would be trying to push a round peg > into a square hole. It would be far easier to use other built-in bits of > Emacs functionality along with some sort of remote http service agent to > satisfy this use case (assuming you want bi-directional updates > i.e. pull down an org file, update and push back up - just pulling down > the file and appending it would be easy enough, but going the other way > adds a lot of additional complexity). > > Perhaps this is more something which could fit in with mobile org > efforts? > > Tim > > > > Eric S Fraga writes: > > > On Monday, 20 Nov 2017 at 21:13, numbchild@gmail.com wrote: > >> I have similar function requirement. Based on your TRAMP method, I think > >> remote file are just can be transported through any protocols like HTTP, > >> for example remote file like http://example.org/test.org can be > downloaded, > >> then append to org-agenda files list. This is just an rough idea. > > > > I am not sure this is possible. If I try http: as the protocol, tramp > > tells me that only localhost is allowed. Maybe I do not have tramp > > configured properly? > > > -- > Tim Cross >