You can make it a minor-mode and publish on MELPA. I found it on Emacs Planet some days ago. I use it. [stardiviner] GPG key ID: 47C32433 IRC(freeenode): stardiviner Twitter: @numbchild Key fingerprint = 9BAA 92BC CDDD B9EF 3B36 CB99 B8C4 B8E5 47C3 2433 Blog: http://stardiviner.github.io/ On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 9:08 PM, Tom Hinton wrote: > Hi, > > I made a thing, visible here: > > https://github.com/larkery/emacs/blob/master/site-lisp/ > org-numbers-overlay.el > > Which adds overlays to headings in org-mode to display section numbering > in the buffer, and keeps it up to date as you edit. This helps me when > relating exported PDF output (or people's comments on it) back to the > original org file. > > Anyway it turns out it was helpful to some other people too, and one of > them suggested that I contribute it directly and that to do so I should > email this address, and now here we are. > > Let me know if this fits into the org development master plan. > > Thanks, > > Tom Hinton > >