Thanks, you managed to understand my question. I was wondeing if there was a risk of privilege escalation. Fortunately that seems not to be the case. El jue., 27 may. 2021 15:13, Tim Cross escribió: > > Rafael Ramirez Morales writes: > > > Just a couple of questions: > > who is the owner of the HELLO file? > > OR > > who is the owner of the "touch" process? > > > > Is the owner the unprivileged user or the "emacs" system? > > > > Thanks. > > > > Not clear exactly what your asking. The process which will execute the > 'touch' will be a sub-process of the process running Emacs. This will > typically be the user who executes Emacs and willl have the same > permissions and access rights as the user running Emacs. There is no > 'emacs' system and the privileges will be the same as the user who runs > Emacs. This is assuming a 'normal' installation, not some unusual setup > which uses setuid or similar to alter the way Emacs runs or the > ownership of files in a directory etc. > >