Hi Chuck, The `drawer' option is enough to "wrap" results, but it fails to provide the customizability that `special-blocks' offer. For example, `special-blocks' can be iterated with `org-element-map'. From the point of view of theming, wrapped results use faces, such as `org-block-begin-line' than can be nicely customized. The bigger issue is that it "used to work". A few releases ago, wrapped results could be correctly replaced when using ":results replace". I was wondering if the change was intentional or a side-effect of something else. Regards, Carlos On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 4:24 PM Berry, Charles wrote: > > > > On Oct 30, 2018, at 3:35 AM, Carlos GarcĂ­a wrote: > > > > Hi Chuck, > > > > Thanks for looking into this. How difficult/desirable would it be to > create another block such as "wrap-block" for those blocks created with > ":wrap"? > > A `special-block' is a syntactic element. A `wrap-block' is not. > > > > That way, the needed change would be rather elegant: > > > > :line 2478 of ob-core.el: > > | ;; Possible results types. > > | '(drawer example-block export-block fixed-width item > > | plain-list src-block table wrap-block) > > > > What would the repercussions be if `special-block' is added to the list? > > > > Few, I think. But except for those special-blocks that have defined > actions they would be ignored upon export. > > the `results' special-block would be ignored, IIUC. > > I suspect what you want is a `drawer', which encloses results without > further consequences that example blocks or export blocks impose. > > HTH, > > Chuck > > >